I am writing this post specifically for my youngest, who still lives at home. No matter how recently I have been to the grocery store, I hear the phrase, “There is nothing to eat” quite frequently. I know some of you are nodding your heads in agreement.
Likely, the reason for this stems from wanting a quick snack such as usually comes in packaged form. I am more of a whole food, cook-from-scratch kind of homemaker, and rarely do we have multiple boxes of things that come in single-serve wrappers. In other words, in our house, if you want food, you usually have to cook, or at least, assemble it. Thus, it may appear there is “nothing to eat,” however, there are many possibilities. I don’t always have time to make things like Flourless Chocolate Cake or Pumpkin Bread, so instead here are ten snacks for when there is nothing to eat. All require only two or three ingredients, and are easy to make– no major cooking!
Ten Snacks for When There is Nothing to Eat
- a sliced banana with blobs of nut butter or sunflower butter on top
- a handful of blueberries and walnuts (I would add a few chocolate chips, too!)
- Greek yogurt with honey
- ants on a log… celery sticks spread with nut butter, topped with raisins… yum!
- a tortilla folded over a slice of cheese, microwaved for a few seconds
- sliced tomatoes with sliced mozzarella… if you have fresh basil, you can add some of that, too!
- a hard-boiled egg sprinkled with sea salt
- a slice of good old buttered toast
- tortilla chips and salsa
- lunch meat slices wrapped around a piece of cheese, then dipped in mustard
There you have it! Easy snacks with ingredients you probably already have. I knew you could think of something! 😉